2020 GGSF T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST Let’s see your GGSF creativity! If you’ve got an awesome idea for a t-shirt design that reflects your love for the Greater Gulf State Fair, enter GGSF’s T-Shirt Contest. If your design is chosen for print, it will be for sale as a real merchandise item that Fairgoers all across the state can wear.
To enter, send us your t-shirt design by October 1, 2020. A selection committee will choose the top five designs. Those designs will be posted on the Greater Gulf State Fair’s Facebook page with voting via Facebook “like”. Voting will be open from October 2-October 10, 2020. The winner will be announced on October 12. The top three vote-getters will receive a Greater Gulf State Fair prize package.
Your shirt design is produced to sell at the Greater Gulf State Fair, 4 t-shirts with your design, 4 gate admission tickets, 4 Unlimited Ride Wristbands, and free VIP parking
4 gate admission tickets, 4 Unlimited Ride Wristbands, and free VIP parking
3rd Place 2 gate admission tickets and 2 Unlimited Ride Wristbands
ENTRY AND DESIGN GUIDELINES
• Entries can be submitted to or by mail to The Grounds 1035 Cody Rd. N. Mobile, AL 36608. The entry deadline is October 1, 2020.
• The design must contain the words “Greater Gulf State Fair” and/or represent an aspect of the Greater Gulf State Fair, its facilities, or traditions.
• The entry should be accompanied by your name and contact information including mailing address, phone number, and email.
• The design may be drawn, printed, or digital. Electronic submissions are preferred and files must be saved in either .AI, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG, or .PSD format. If your design is selected, you will be required to provide the original design in a high-resolution format that is compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other professional design programs.
• Design dimensions should not exceed 14” x 17”.
• The color of the final shirt will be determined by GGSF.
• Design must be able to be screen printed. A maximum of five ink colors. Preference given to fewer colors.
• Designs will be judged on the following:
o Striking and memorable
o Visibility – eye-catching and visible from a reasonable distance
o Complete – must be ready for print
o Feasibility – must be easy to reproduce on a shirt
• Please note that GGSF reserves the right to adjust the winning design.
• All entries must be original creations that have never been published and do not contain any profanity, trademarks, logos, restricted or copyrighted works of any other person or business.
• The winning design will remain the property of GGSF and will not be returned to you nor will you receive any compensation for the said design other than the aforementioned prize package. GGSF may use the winning design at any time after the contest. The winning contestant may display their design in a portfolio or personal collection, but may not sell or reproduce the design for any other purpose once submitted to the contest.
• By submitting an entry and including your name, address, and contact information, you acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules including that the winning design is the property of GGSF.
• More than one entry can be submitted by an individual but they must be submitted as septate entries.
• A panel of judges selected by GGSF will choose the top submissions which will be a public vote.
o Voting begins on October 2, 2020, and close October 10, 2020. Finalists’ designs will be posted on GGSF’s Facebook page. Voting can be via Facebook “like”.
o The winner will be notified by email at the close of the voting period.
• GGSF reserves the right to end this contest at any time, effective on the date of the termination notice, and is under no obligation to give advance notice of the termination.
• The contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
• Current GGSF full-time staff, board members, or their immediate family members are not allowed to participate.
• At the sole discretion of GGSF, disqualification, forfeiture, and the selection of an alternate winner may result from the following:
o Winner’s failure to respond to the notification within seven (7) business days after its transmission;
o The return of email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;
o Winner’s failure to provide original design files; failure to submit a completely original design; or failure to execute and return a release form.